Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Upping Productivity and Organization at Home

In an attempt to get more organized before Levi gets here and throws us into hectic chaos, I decided to create a Chore Chart to keep us on track. Call it nesting if you will…haha! I don’t know how on board Justin is with the idea, but he did say that it would be good for us to have a set routine and to get used to it so that we can set a good example for our kids. I know he hates prescribed to do lists though, so we’ll see. I assigned different chores to different days and spread things out throughout the week so it wouldn’t get overwhelming. I know, I know. This sounds so simple and obvious, but we, unfortunately have not been using this strategy up to this point. We’ve been going based on need and not efficiency. No more! I’m also convinced that if we keep up with it, everything will take less time to do because it is done regularly.



I originally made the chart in fun bright orange and fuchsia, but Justin shot that down (no pink!)…so now it’s classic Baylor colors – green and gold (well, pale yellow). Wife created, Husband approved. I’ll let y’all know how it works out, but so far I’m loving it! I’m a to-do-list kind of person, but I can get stressed out if I can’t cross off everything on my list. This chart doesn’t let me cross things off, but I can see what needs to get done all the same. It feels more flexible. I posted it on our fridge inside a sheet protector so it’s easily accessible and out of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment