Friday, August 9, 2013

The Nursery is Finished (well...pretty much...) Part 2

I'm sure my last post left people wanting more. I mean, I didn't even post anything about what's actually inside Levi's nursery. Sorry! Here's what his actual room looks like:

Just in case anyone wasn't sure whose room they were entering, I put this sweet pennant on the door from the baby shower put on by my cohort. Friends, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Emily made this. Thanks girl! Bonus, the colors match his room perfectly!

 
 
Here's what the room looks like when you peek in. You can see the rocking chair that I got from my parents (the same one that my mom used when I was little), Levi's toy boxes under each window, and the bookcases. As I mentioned in my previous post, our apartment is rather small so even though Levi's room is now a nursery, we still needed to use the space for our books like we had when it was our office/study before. The blanket on the back of the rocking chair was made for Levi by my mom. She used the monster shapes from a set of sheets as a template for the quilt. It's absolutely precious!
 




 
Here's a close-up of the wall art above the bookcase. I painted a verse that Justin and I picked out onto an orange canvas.

 

Here's the wall next to the door when it's open. This is where the rest of our books are. I tied it into the rest of the room by hanging some Julius Alphabet flashcards above the bookcases. Please excuse the lighting, I'm not the best photographer with an iphone...haha!
 
 


Here's the far wall with the crib. I made three monster pictures for him as well as a pennant with his name on it. Close-ups are below.
 
 


 
 
Here's a close-up of one of the letters of Levi's pennant. I cut the letters out of felt and then stitched them onto pre-made pennant triangles that I found at Hobby Lobby.
 

 
Finally, here is the diaper station. I found this great antique buffet at Ms. L's Chic Tiques here in Waco (I also got my coffee table from them!). They had already painted it and replaced the drawer pulls...I couldn't resist the sunflower yellow! Click here to visit their Facebook page and see all the cute stuff they make!
 
 
 
Yay for a finished nursery (almost)! Hopefully I'll be able to find a replacement cushion soon (or learn how to recover this one...).

No comments:

Post a Comment