Friday, July 12, 2013

Miracle Ball!


I went to my first Childbirth Class last night at Hillcrest Hospital. The class was excellent and our instructor was very friendly and open to all sorts of birth plans. My greatest take-away from my first class? Every pregnant woman should get an exercise ball! I've had some serious lower back pain in the latter half of my pregnancy and sitting on an exercise ball practically eliminates it! After class, Justin and I went straight to Target and got a C9 exercise ball for about $15 and it's great.
Not only is it comfortable to sit on when you're pregnant, but I can do exercises on it to prepare for labor, and can take it into the hospital with me if I want when I go into labor. One of Justin's coworkers who is due on the same day as me does not care for exercise balls because she feels it causes her to slouch, squeezing all of her insides together, so it's not for everyone. That being said, I absolutely love it and encourage any pregnant woman struggling with lower back pain to try one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment